- Responsible for the execution, management of the month-end and year-end financial close processes, including journal entries, ledger reviews and balance sheets account reconciliations.
- Support, manage and provide leadership for all aspects of the accounting department. (Receivables, Payables, Payroll, Banking Activities & Reporting)
- Responsible for preparation of monthly management financials as well as bi-monthly financial board of directors’ reports.
- Support ongoing operations and growth initiatives with operations and financial tracking and analysis including, grant and funding accounts and utilization reporting.
- Assist in auditing and compliance matters, including internal controls.
- Plan and participate in the annual fiscal year end external audit.
- Work with departmental managers on budget and variance analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual departmental and consolidated budgets.
- Perform other special projects and support Agricenter senior management as assigned by CFO.
- Candidate should possess a 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in accounting.
- Experience in working for a non-profit / grant accounting is preferred
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- Willingness to work in support of the organizational mission. Some evening and weekend work will be expected.
- Ability to pass background and drug test.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.